miércoles, 21 de mayo de 2014

OUR GRANDPARENTS TOLD US...


Do you often sit down and have a quiet chat with your grandpa and grandma? This activity will provide you with the opportunity to visit your grandparents or phone them. The aim is to find out relevant information about their lives to share in the classroom. 
  • First, go through the questions. 
  • Then select those that most attract you. Feel free to add any other questions you have in mind. 
  • Next, interview your grandpa or grandma. 
  • Write an essay reporting his or her answers. 
  • Finally, write a comment including the most emotional, striking or interesting things they told you.





Life Interview. Questions

1.-What year were you born? On what date? Did your parents tell you anything about the day you were born?
2.-Where were you born?
3.-Why were you given the first (and middle) name(s) that you have?
4.-What’s the most vivid memory of your chilhood?
5.-What was the apartment or house like that you grew up in? How many bedrooms did it have? How many bathrooms?
6.-Can you describe the neighbourhood you grew up in?
7.-Tell me about your parents. Who was stricter: your mother or your father?
8.-How many brothers and sisters do you have? When were they born? What memories do you have of each of them from when you were growing up?
9.-What do you remember about your grandparents?
10.-Did you have any pets?
11.-What were you like as a child? Shy? Extrovert? Naughty? A good boy/girl? What did you like to eat? What were your favorite toys or games?
12.-What did you use to wear?
13.-Did you get any pocket money? How much? Did you spend it right away, or save it? What did you buy?
14.-What kind of school did you go to? Were you a good student? What was your favorite subject or your least favorite? Who were your friends? Who was your favorite teacher and why?
15.-Did you have any heroes or role models when you were a child?
16.-How did you spend your summer holidays? What were your favorite summer activities?
17.-What was the best gift you remember receiving as a child?
18.-What did you want to be when you grew up?
19.-What big world events do you remember from the time you were growing up?
20.-What inventions do you most remember?
21.-What’s different about growing up today from when you were growing up?
22.-When you were a teenager, what did you do for fun? Did you have a favorite spot to “hang out”? What time did you have to be home at night? Did you ever get into any trouble?
23.-What did you like to wear? How did your parents feel about the way you talked and what you wore?
24.-When did you learn how to drive? Who taught you? What was your first car like?
25.-What did you do when you finished school?
26.-What was your first job? What did you like or not like about it?
27.-How did you meet your spouse? What did you like about him/her?
28.-What do you remember about me when I was born and was a child?
29.-Do you have any hobbies or special interests? Do you enjoy any particular activity? What’s your typical day like now?
30..-If you could have three wishes, what would they be? If you won 1 million euros tomorrow, what would you do with the money? If you had the power to solve three or four problems in the world, what would they be and why?

32 comentarios:

  1. The two things that surprised me more were at first , that my granny said "If i had one million euros , I would save it" and second when she said that when she was a child sometimes they played with little stones.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. The most surprising thing was when my granfather said to me he was born during his mother was working in a mine of coal 50km away from his house.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I was very surprised when my grandmother told me that she had three dogs and two cats in her house.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I didn’t know that my grandfather wanted to be a carpenter, and this was something that my grandmother and my mother didn’t know either. It was also surprised when my grandmother told me that once they had painted their nails her father led them to pick olives.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I was surprised when my mother said to me that her mother was adopted and that her grandparents were rich.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. the two thingas that surprised me more were that my grand father didn't know his grandfathers i always thought that he knew thwm and the second that the only present that recieved my grandmother was changed by her mother for a pair of shoes

    ResponderEliminar
  7. I was very surprised when my grand-mother said me that her parents and her brothers and sisters died when she was a baby. One of her sisters survived, but she went to Zaragoza to live and my grand-mother was adopted by her parents who lived in Casar de Cáceres.

    ResponderEliminar
  8. I was very surprised when my grandfather told me that his father beat him and his brothers to eat more bread that they could eat. And they only colud be in the street until the dark.

    ResponderEliminar
  9. I was surprised when my grandfather told me his cat's name: Carpeto

    ResponderEliminar
  10. The most surprising thing was when mi grandmother said that her pet was a pig named Rosendo.

    ResponderEliminar
  11. The most striking thing that my grandmother has told me is that she started working when she was five years old, because she had to look after their cousins. I was really surprised because she could barely go to school.
    María García Sánchez.

    ResponderEliminar
  12. The most interesting thing was whem my grandmother said that for her, the best thing of her childhood was their grandparents, she said that for her they were the best.

    ResponderEliminar
  13. I was very surprised when my grandmother told me that she started to work when she was 12 years old and she couldn't see her parents for a long time.

    ResponderEliminar
  14. I have surprised when he told me that he learnt to drive with 50 years old and also when he told me that his first job was looked after pigs and cows with 9 or 10 years old .

    saúl moreno

    ResponderEliminar
  15. I was surprised when my grandparent said that his favourite gift was a ball, because he liked a lot football and this gift was very important for him

    Alejandro Pérez Parejo 4ºA

    ResponderEliminar
  16. The most surprising thing that my grandmother has told me is that one of her sisters was adopted because her parents died in a car crash when she had five years old. I was very surprised because she was very young when she lost her parents.
    Andrea Campos González 4ºB

    ResponderEliminar
  17. I think that the most surprising thing that my grandfather told me was that when was only ten years old he was herding sheep in the country without any adult.
    David Polo González 4º A

    ResponderEliminar
  18. I was surprised when my grandparent said that she had never gone on holidays with his parents out of caceres in summer.
    Miriam Vázquez Santos 4ºA

    ResponderEliminar
  19. I was surprised when my grandmother told me that her only gift was a doll, because they were many children and their parents couldn't buy many things.

    ResponderEliminar
  20. My grandmother told me that she studied different subjects but she only used one book called Álvarez Encyclopedia. I felt surprised when she told me that because nowadays students need one book for each subject.

    Marta Hernández Durán 4ºB

    ResponderEliminar
  21. I was surprised when my grandmother told me that when she was a child sometimes she ate even tangerine peel.

    ResponderEliminar
  22. I was surprised when my granmother told me that she saw the sea when She was 36 years old. Now, go to the beach when you're little is normal.

    Irene Miguélez Morán 4B

    ResponderEliminar
  23. For me, the most surprising thing my grandmother told me was that she hasn't had any aspirations when she was a child, since she was very young she knew she was going to work all her life and she couldn't even go to school.

    Estela Flores Fernández, 4A

    ResponderEliminar
  24. i was surprised when my grandmother told me that when he was born she was dead amd in my village there was a tradicion, when a child was born dead they make a crown whit the plumes of the botton of a chicken, when the peoplemake this to my grandma they revive.
    David Tovar Moreno

    ResponderEliminar
  25. I am very surprised in general with the things that my grandmother told me, but I think that the most shocking was that when my grandmother was a child, with ten years more or less, she already worked and she never had holidays because if she, her parents, brothers and sisters didn't work they couldn't eat.
    Blanca Pizarro Fargallo 4º ESO -B

    ResponderEliminar
  26. I was surprised when my grandmother told me that really, she was born the 15th of september and there was a mistake in the DNI and I thought she was born 16th of September and every year we celebrate her birthday the 16th.
    Andrea Cáceres Rodríguez
    4ºB

    ResponderEliminar
  27. I was surprised when my grandmother told me that her two brothers died in the war , and that her daughter died when she was ten years old because she was sick .

    Luis Molina Martín . 4 ESO B .

    ResponderEliminar
  28. I was surprised when my grandmother said she knew my grandfather when she was travelling to Madrid and they met themselves at the train station.

    ResponderEliminar
  29. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  30. I was surprised when my grandmother told me that her parents were not shich so she did not have to get home early but they lived in a neighborood where the gates buildings were always shut at ten so they had to get home before such time, if they come later they had to call the watchman who had the keys of all buildings. She told me that to call him they clapped three times and said "sereno", so he camo and opened. The door and accompanied you home; but because of this custem it was difficult to see a "young" arreving after ten.
    Blanca Tovar Calvo 4A

    ResponderEliminar
  31. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  32. I was surprised when my grandfather told me that he was born in 1936 but his the DNI say that he was born in 1935. This is very strange and droll.

    Jaime Corchado Alegre 4ºB

    ResponderEliminar